About the School
The School is a vibrant and creative hub with more than 1000 students working in a wide range of media across undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
We have strong relationships with industry organisations. These may offer students opportunities to volunteer, network and develop their creative, professional and employability skills. We are proud to be associated with the following events and organisations:
- Indie Lincs - An international film-festival promoting low and micro budget films, held annually in Lincoln.
- Frequency - An international festival of digital creativity, hosted biennially in Lincoln.
- ASFF - Aesthetica Short Film Festival.
- Lincoln Festival of Creativity - An annual showcase of work by students from across the College of Arts.
- We are home to BFI Film Academy for Lincolnshire (with Paradigm Arts).
- Our BA (Hons) Sound and Music Production is accredited by JAMES - Joint Audio Media Education Support.
- We are an IMAGO listed Film School - International Federation of Cinematographers.
- We are part of the Adobe Educational Enterprise Partnership.
- We are an Avid Partner Institution.
- We are affiliated with the BAFTA Albert sustainability Education Partnership.
New Media Lincs is our in-house production company, which may offer the opportunity for students to work on real-life industry commissions.
Sparkhouse is a business support centre, situated at the University of Lincoln. It offers support to start-up companies and some of the school’s graduates have set up businesses here.
Siren Radio is our community station based on campus and is licensed by OFCOM. Many of our students broadcast live on the radio station as part of their assessments. Our students have trained hundreds of schoolchildren across Lincolnshire to create content on Siren since 2001.