104 UCAS Tariff points from a minimum of 2 A Levels.
International Baccalaureate: Pass Diploma from a minimum of 2 Higher Level subjects.
BTEC Extended Diploma: Distinction, Merit, Merit or equivalent.
T Level: Merit
Access to Higher Education Diploma: 45 Level 3 credits with a minimum of 104 UCAS Tariff points.
Applicants will also need at least three GCSEs at grade 4 or above including English, Maths and Science, or equivalent qualifications, such as Functional Skills Level 2.
The University accepts a wide range of qualifications as the basis for entry and do accept a combination of qualifications which may include A Levels, BTECs, EPQ etc.
We may consider work experience alongside academic qualifications and will review this on and individual basis.
Certificates of all previous qualifications will need to be provided before any offers are confirmed.
Other requirements include:
- EU and International students whose first language is not English will require English Language IELTS 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in each element. Country-specific requirements can be found at https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/studywithus/internationalstudents/entryrequirementsandyourcountry/ and https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/studywithus/internationalstudents/englishlanguagerequirementsandsupport/englishlanguagerequirements/
- If you do not meet the above IELTS requirements, you may be able to take part in one of our Pre-sessional English and Academic Study Skills courses. More information can be found at
- Successful performance at an interview
- Knowledge of contemporary health and social care issues, and the nature of nursing in a public health context
- Understanding of written material and can communicate clearly and accurately in written and spoken English
- Satisfactory completion of Occupational Health Check
- Satisfactory completion of an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
When you choose Nursing in your UCAS application, you will be asked an additional question regarding criminal convictions. Here you must declare all spent and unspent criminal convictions including (but not limited to) cautions, reprimands, final warnings, bind over orders or similar and details of any minor offences, fixed penalty notices, penalty notices for disorder, ASBOs or VOOs.
We do not accept deferred applications for Nursing, Midwifery, Paramedic Science or Social Work. You must apply in the year you wish to start the programme.