A Level: BBC (112 UCAS Tariff points from a minimum of 3 A Levels or equivalent qualifications).
International Baccalaureate: 29 points overall.
BTEC Extended Diploma: Distinction, Merit, Merit or equivalent qualifications.
T Level: Merit
Access to Higher Education Diploma: 45 Level 3 credits with a minimum of 112 UCAS Tariff points.
Applicants will also need at least three GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above, including English, Maths and Science, or equivalent qualifications, such as Functional Skills Level 2.
A combination of qualifications which may include A Levels, BTEC, EPQ etc.
Certificates of all previous qualifications will need to be provided before any offers are confirmed.
The University accepts a wide range of qualifications as the basis for entry. We will also consider applicants with extensive and relevant work experience and will give special individual consideration to those who do not meet the standard entry qualifications.
Other requirements include:
- IELTS 6.5
- Successful performance at an interview
- Knowledge of contemporary health and social care issues, and the nature of nursing in a public health context
- Understanding of written material and can communicate clearly and accurately in written and spoken English
- Applicants born outside of the United Kingdom must have "Settled residential status" in the United Kingdom, in line with the requirements of the 1971 Immigration Act
- Satisfactory completion of Occupational Health Check
- Satisfactory completion of an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) (formerly the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB)).
When you choose Nursing in your UCAS application, you will be asked an additional question regarding criminal convictions. Here you must declare all spent and unspent criminal convictions including (but not limited to) cautions, reprimands, final warnings, bind over orders or similar and details of any minor offences, fixed penalty notices, penalty notices for disorder, ASBOs or VOOs. We cannot accept deferred applications for Nursing, Midwifery or Social Work. You must apply in the year you wish to start the programme.
If you have studied outside of the UK, and are unsure whether your qualification meets the above requirements, please visit our country pages for information on equivalent qualifications.
For information regarding other English language qualifications we accept, please visit the English Requirements page.
If you do not meet the IELTS requirements, you may be able to take part in one of our Pre-sessional English and Academic Study Skills courses.
If you would like further information about entry requirements, or would like to discuss whether the qualifications you are currently studying are acceptable, please contact the Admissions team on 01522 886097, or email email@example.com.