Engaging with Parliaments in the UK and Beyond
The University of Lincoln has a record of undertaking research into policy, parliaments and other key political institutions. It also seeks to build upon this to ensure that research informs teaching and the wider experiences of students at all levels.
The overall aim of the Lincoln Parliamentary Research Centre (ParliLinc) is to establish Lincoln as a recognised centre of excellence for research and teaching in parliamentary and legislative studies. It has five broad aims designed to enhance research, facilitate impact, and promote engagement with parliaments and legislatures in the UK and beyond:
- Provide a focus for research on parliaments and legislatures within the School, College, and wider University community – with the aim of increasing the number and quality of research outputs and research income
- Respond to opportunities for generating impact through the submission of evidence to parliamentary inquiries and the identification and dissemination of opportunities for impact more broadly within the School, College and wider University
- Facilitate closer links between the University, parliaments and parliamentarians, and use those networks to provide support for research projects, impact and funding
- Provide an external face for research and scholarly activity relating to parliament at Lincoln, including by facilitating and responding to media interest in this area
- Support the delivery and development of research engaged teaching about legislatures at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Research Themes and Sustainable Development Goals
Our research is embedded in the following University research themes, a unique set of areas that key into our goals as a civic university undertaking internationally significant research with local relevance, and as researchers engaged in the pursuit of excellence. The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals badges represent our research and collaborations in terms of their contribution to the issues the world faces today and into the future.