Reach Your Full Potential
At the University of Lincoln, we believe that all staff should be supported to reach their full potential. Whether you are thinking of becoming a member of professional service departments, an academic or research member of staff, there are a wide range of career development opportunities available to all of our staff.
We offer a variety of training and development designed to support your skills, knowledge, and behaviours as well as enhancing your wider career aspirations during your employment with us. Opportunities and schemes may include;
- welcoming induction session called The Lincoln Welcome alongside a supportive induction plan to help you settle into your new role
- in-person and virtual training events covering key transferable skills and knowledge sharing
- online learning modules
- access to video tutorials through LinkedIn Learning
- independent resources and guides
- engagement groups to share best practice
- funding to enrol onto a staff apprenticeship (varying levels available)
- inclusive mentoring scheme
- accredited qualifications for management and leadership
- funded places on external programmes such as Advance HE Aurora
- sponsorship of tuition fees for UoL programmes of study (e.g. undergraduate, postgraduate or doctorate)
Please note each scheme will have a set of criteria/guidance/application process to support prioritising staff and associated budgets.
For professional service staff, we offer additional opportunities and schemes to those noted above, which you may wish to engage with;
- Career Pathways – a framework and supporting online development tool to help staff wanting to progress further in their career
- Admin Insights Scheme – have the opportunity to shadow colleagues in other departments to build your networks and understand more areas within the University
We offer tailored development around teaching and learning for academic staff, in collaboration with the Lincoln Academy of Learning & Teaching (LALT). Opportunities include;
- enrol on either the Academic Professional Apprenticeship (APA) or PGCert in HE
- gain professional recognition of HEA Fellowship through our internal awarding scheme
- join our Programme Leader network and community
- engage in teaching and learning CPD activities
- online modules and workshops for Personal Tutors and supporting students
- an array of digital education training sessions to support using digital technologies within your teaching and learning
Our annual appraisal process provides you with an opportunity to set clear and measurable objectives for the forthcoming academic year, discuss the development you need to help you achieve these and also discuss your longer-term career aspirations. We also encourage ongoing dialogue with your managers to assess relevant support and development required within your role throughout the year.
We are here to help you achieve your full potential.