Global industry leader Siemens offers a significant number of generous Bursaries to full-time Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering BEng and MEng applicants who make the University of Lincoln their first choice institution via UCAS.
The nature of these financial packages changes each year, but could include a payment each term throughout the course of study to cover living costs, as well as the opportunity to take paid summer work placements with Siemens. Please see examples of the payments below.
- Year 1 - £4620 – paid in three instalments
- Year 2 - £5280 – paid in three instalments
- Year 3 - £5940 – paid in three instalments.
How to Apply
- Apply as normal through UCAS to the University of Lincoln for one of the BEng or MEng Mechanical Engineering or Electical Engineering courses
- When you receive an offer to study with us, accept it as your 'conditional firm' choice
- You will then receive an application form for the scholarship and an invitation to a Siemens assessment day.
Engineering Scholarship Terms & Conditions
- Students must complete a 12 week work placement during the summer break
- Registration with the IMechE or IET whilst on placement and satisfactory completion of quarterly report
- Attendance whilst at University must not fall below 90% per term
- Academic work must not fall below 2:2 level
- Students who leave voluntarily from the business within a two year period must repay the scholarship on a pro rata basis
- Students who voluntarily choose not to accept a position on graduation must repay the scholarship.