Midlands Credit Compass Initiative
The University of Lincoln offers students the opportunity to transfer their studies, whether that is from one course to another at Lincoln, or to or from another institution. Transferring your studies is a big decision and you should talk to your current university for advice and guidance before you submit an application.
The University of Lincoln is also part of the Midlands Credit Compass Initiative, which makes it easier to return or transfer to selected universities within the region. This is for students who have achieved their credit within the last five years at Birmingham City, Coventry, Derby, Lincoln, Nottingham Trent, and Wolverhampton. Further information around how this works can be found on the Midlands Credit Compass website.
Credit Compass Website
Transfers within the University of Lincoln
If you wish to transfer programmes at the University of Lincoln, there are things you need to consider before making your final decision:
- Your student loan eligibility may be affected if you transfer programmes. Further information is available from the University’s Advice Team.
- Credit Transfer — you may be able to transfer modules to your new course. Please contact your School to find out more.
- Additional work — you may need to catch up missed coursework when starting a new course.
- Before completing the online transfer form you must have met with the Programme Leader of the course that you wish to transfer to in order to discuss your suitability for the course and modules you will be studying.
- Transfer requests by those requiring Student Visas are subject to assessment by the Student Visa Compliance Team. This is to ensure that the transfer request meets the Home Office requirements.
If you require any further guidance before making your decision, you can discuss this with your Programme Leader or your College or School Office. You can also speak to Student Services for advice.
Advanced standing is the recognition of existing study you have undertaken and allowing you to use this credit towards a University of Lincoln qualification. Further information is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Useful Resources and Contacts
Midland Credit Compass Website
UCAS Guidance on Transferring Course
University of Lincoln Student Services
Internal Online Transfer Form
University of Lincoln Admissions Team: email@example.com or call 01522 886097.
University of Lincoln Student Records: firstname.lastname@example.org.