Welcome to the Lincoln School of Creative Arts
Here at the Lincoln School of Creative Arts, we aim to provide our students with an educational experience that is intellectually rigorous, practically playful, internationally relevant, and culturally diverse. We offer undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses in a broad range of arts subjects.
Drama, Dance, Musical Theatre, and Technical Theatre and Stage Management students learn in our purpose-built Lincoln Performing Arts Centre, where facilities include a 450-seat theatre, fully equipped studio rehearsal spaces, and production workshops. As well as being home to our students, the publicly-facing arts centre hosts comedy, dance, drama, and music performances from national touring companies and artists, as well as producing projects of its own on an annual basis.
Fine Art students benefit from specialist facilities in the University’s £11 million Peter De Wint Building, including our impressive studio and exhibition spaces, and our technical workshops. Throughout your studies, there are numerous opportunities for you to showcase your work, including our highly regarded end-of-year degree shows.
The School has close links with relevant industries and disciplines, and we are committed to providing professional skills, knowledge, and experiences for our students throughout their course of study. We regularly work with a range of civic and industry partners on exciting projects that make the School of Creative Arts a vibrant and exciting place to study.
Whichever programme you choose, our practice-led approach and excellent industry links are designed to prepare you for a successful career in your chosen sector.
Professor Andrew Westerside
Head of School
- On-campus Lincoln Performing Arts Centre, a £6 million, 450-seat professional theatre with industry-standard studio spaces for performance and rehearsal, dressing rooms and a prop and set building workshop.
- The Platform, a 350 capacity versatile music venue with integrated in-house PA system.
- Soundproofed practice and rehearsal rooms.
- Multitrack studio with dual control room, three recording areas including live room, dead room and drum isolation booth for music and drama production.
- Six audio edit suites and four radio production studios.
- Dedicated studio space and cutting edge equipment for art students.
- Multi-materials workshops for wood, metal, plaster, plastics, resin, equipment for acrylic resist etching, digital imagery and screen printing, as well as photography, video and animation facilities.
- ProjectSpacePlus - the University’s open space for exhibition, creative inquiry, experimentation and contemporary thinking.