Creating a Manufacturing Community
Now in its second year, the Greater Lincolnshire Engineering And Manufacturing (GLEAM) Network, formally known as GLMN, is an initiative founded by the School of Engineering, Greater Lincolnshire Local Enterprise Partnership (GLLEP), and Business Lincolnshire.
The GLLEP Manufacturing Strategy identified greater alignment between the manufacturing sector, the University of Lincoln, and the wider community. The GLEAM Network aims to all of these together to solve sector-wide challenges and establish a community for our region's manufacturing businesses to connect.
Having already delivered a range of successful virtual events, the network works to support the growth and development of SMEs and large organisations by promoting best practice, innovative solutions, partnership opportunities, and showcase technological advances, cutting-edge thinking, and act as a knowledge-transfer vehicle between academia and industry.
GLEAM provides a knowledge-intensive business corridor locally at the heart of the manufacturing business in Greater Lincolnshire and will be open to all manufacturing businesses in Greater Lincolnshire. Members are able to join free of charge and gain access to a range of benefits, including Affiliate Partner Membership with Make UK.
To express an interest in membership or for more information please email the GLEAM Network team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Helping Manufacturing Business to Innovate and Grow...
As our network develops, so will the scope of our membership. Participating eligible* businesses will benefit from:
- Access to exclusive networking events (virtual currently)
- Help you find opportunities for growth and collaboration
- Providing opportunities to showcase the strength and ambition of the sector through best practice and knowledge sharing
- Support to maximise local supply chain opportunities
- Facilitated conversations with fellow business leaders, industry specialists and academics
- Regular news and updates regarding the sector, resources and events
- Access to cutting edge expertise and advice from industry-led academics at the University of Lincoln
- Direct contact with Business Lincolnshire Growth Hub (the LEP's Business Support Arm)
- Complimentary affiliate membership of Make UK - register here
* Please note we are only able to offer one place per company to ensure we can support as many businesses as possible. To qualify for membership, your employer must be a manufacturing business based in Greater Lincolnshire or Rutland. Apologies, it does not support intermediaries, public bodies or financial sector businesses.
With Thanks to...
Make UK are the voice of British manufacturing and will work with GLMN to deliver the best business environment for our sector. GLMN members are entitled to Affiliate Membership of Make UK, offering access to a range of sector events, resources and discounted products and services.