Professor Lord Norton of Louth will be one of the speakers at a research seminar on the European Union at the University of Lincoln later this month.
The university is to host the seminar ‘Enlargement and the Future of the European Union’ on Friday 31st January.
Lord Norton will speak on the role of national governments in the scrutiny of EC / EU legislation.
Other speakers will include:
· Professor Surya Subedi, Middlesex University - ‘The EU, Trade and the WTO’
· Professor Jo Carby-Hall, University of Hull - ‘The Evolving Nature of Industrial Relations in the European Union: Partnership or Conflict?’
· Professor Ian Barnes, University of Lincoln - ‘The EU, External Borders and
· Pamela Barnes, University of Lincoln - ‘Nuclear Safety: The Management of
Nuclear Waste in an Enlarged EU’
· Diane Ryland, University of Lincoln - ‘The Charter of Fundamental Rights of the
EU: Pandora’s Box or Panacea?’
The seminar will take place from 9am until 4pm on 31st January in the Vice Chancellor’s Annexe on the Brayford Pool campus.
- - - - - - - -
For more information contact: Jez Ashberry, Press and Media Relations Manager
University of Lincoln
Tel: 01522 886042
Check for the latest university news at www.lincoln.ac.uk/news