The following information is intended for all international students who have accepted an unconditional offer with the University of Lincoln.
We realise that there is a lot of information for you to read and that you may have questions along the way. If you need to get in touch with us at any point, please contact us on the email address below.
International Arrivals Form
Complete our arrivals form to let us know when you will be arriving at the University of Lincoln.
Your Step By Step Guide
The information below is a short step-by-step guide to your preparation and arrival to the UK and the University of Lincoln. Please ensure that you click the link below, read each step carefully and complete all the checklists provided:
- Step 1 – Confirm and accept your offer
- Step 2 – Before you leave
- Step 3 – Final checklist prior to departure
- Step 4 – When you arrive in the UK
- Step 5 – Welcome to Lincoln
We know that your time in the UK and at the University of Lincoln will be a truly happy and rewarding experience. All you need to do is to plan properly and read this guide and other information we have provided for you carefully. If you need any further help then please remember that you can contact us personally and we will offer you a warm welcome and advice.
Important: Documents to Bring With You
- Your valid Passport with 30 day vignette (visa sticker) if relevant - This must include all the passport pages showing all personal identity details (including biometric details), leave stamps, or immigration status document including your period of leave to remain (permissions to stay) in the UK. This must show your entitlement to study with a licensed sponsor in the United Kingdom
- Your letter which came with your 30 day vignette (visa sticker). You must show this letter at the border
- United Kingdom Biometric Residence Permit [BRP] - All Tier 4 students will now have a Biometric Residence Permit. However students who have applied outside of the UK will only collect theirs once they arrive in the UK [See Step Two for more information].
- Original documentation listed in the ‘documents used to obtain the offer’ section of your CAS Statement e.g. references, exam certificates and transcripts etc. Photocopies will not be accepted
- ATAS certificate (if required)
- Your boarding pass or ticket
- Evidence of any tuition payments you have made
- Evidence of any University scholarships which you have been awarded
It is very important that you enrol at the University as soon as possible upon arriving in the UK. The University of Lincoln must comply with Home Office regulations and report your visa if you cannot enrol at the start of your course, this will result in the curtailment of your visa. If you are unable to enrol by the start of your course, please contact the Tier 4 Compliance team by email at email@example.com as soon as possible.