BASIS Foundation Award
|Cost:||£875 (includes tuition & exam fee)|
This course provides an introduction to agronomy, integrated crop protection and crop nutrition. It can be used as a preliminary course for those looking to progress onto the BASIS Certificate in Crop Protection, or a stand alone course for those seeking a basic understanding of crop production. Candidates can choose to study the arable or field vegetable option.
- Principles of crop production
- Recognition and biology of weeds, pests and diseases
- Soils and crop nutrition
- Pesticides and fertilisers
- Protecting people and the environment
- Pesticide and fertiliser application technology
The course is delivered over six days, plus a half day for the examination. Delivery is through participatory lectures, crop walking and group exercises.
The course is assessed by a written exam, consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions.
For further information please contact:
Tel: 01522 835295
Tel: 01522 835428