The University of Lincoln provides rich and varied support for research across the institution, from key roles dedicated to different disciplines in each College, through to central roles that support bid writing, enterprise, ethics and Intellectual Property.
These roles are critical to enhancing our research environment and provide the necessary support at differing stages in the academic career path from post-doctoral researchers through to our research chairs and professors. In addition, there are a range of annual financial investments in research at both College and University level.
Research and Enterprise Committee
The Research and Enterprise Committee oversees the development of research activity, a research culture and infrastructure across the University with input from academic staff and support services.
The Committee oversees those elements of the University’s Strategic Plan relating to enterprise, including employer engagement, knowledge transfer/exchange, incubation, employability, graduate enterprise, and IP and academic enterprise.
Early Career Researchers
The University of Lincoln provides a highly supportive platform for Early Career Researchers (ECRs) to develop. This enables them to share knowledge and expertise and gain vital experience of engagement across the University's disciplines.
The Research Office
The University of Lincoln’s Research Office provides guidance, advice and information on funding opportunities, research bids and contractual advice.
We provide expert services in research funding and support to colleagues including:
- Identification and targeted dissemination of funding opportunities
- Development of research proposals including redrafting and detailed comments
- Costing and pricing of research proposals
- Advice on eligibility issues and funder requirements
- Guidance on good research practice, ethics and governance
- Coordinating internal approvals and electronic bid submission
- Contractual advice and guidance
- Project set-up and post-award management support.
We also offer regular staff development and training events on finding research funding, research grant development and EU funding.