Eligibility of Staff for Learning Beyond Registration funding
Examples of Professional groups that are eligible to access LBR provision include Allied Health Professionals, nurses, midwives and Healthcare Scientists. If you are unsure please contact us and we can check for you.
Access is restricted to registered staff employed in clinical facing roles or where professional registration is required to undertake their role.
Non-medical registered healthcare staff delivering NHS commissioned healthcare are eligible to access the LBR funded education if they meet all of the following conditions:
- Their employing organisation supports significant practice learning of pre-registration NMET students by providing placements. Access to LBR funding is expected to be broadly commensurate with the level of non-medical practice placements provided by the employing organisation*
- They have the support of their organisation and have discussed the study commitment / negotiated study time in line with local policies and in light of the requirement for study time as identified within the course literature (whether in the HEI, work based or distance learning)
- They have applied using the correct form, fully completing all elements of the form
- They agree to complete the module of study including all associated practice and/or assessment elements
- Their application is approved by, and their study recorded by, their Trust Learning Development Agreement Lead / Education Lead or, in the case of GP practices, other independent organisations or voluntary and charitable organisations the HEEM Local Workforce Team Lead.
- The study supports the achievement of the organisation’s workforce plan and/or aligns with their county workforce plan
* Practice Placements means any suitable supervised clinical, practical or other learning experience in a workplace environment provided, conducted or arranged by the placement provider for Learners; usually but not limited to an NHS trust, Foundation trust, GP surgery, dental practice and other organisations that form part of the National Health Service or who deliver placement learning funded by the NHS which includes the private, voluntary and independent sectors
Please see http://lbr.eastmidlands.nhs.uk/ to review the HEEM website on LBR
There will be occasions when you may need to self-fund study, where funding is either restricted or not provided for an element of the programme.
To discuss this option, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org