7th May 2002
Lincoln School of Art and Design students are preparing to reveal their artistic talents at this summer’s end of year shows.
These exhibitions, which are produced by final year students from the Lincoln School of Art and Design, represent the culmination of up to three years’ work in their chosen discipline.
The presentations will be taking place at locations around Lincoln city centre as follows:-
· Conservation and Restoration will present Decay to Display from 8th – 14th May in the Chapter House at Lincoln Cathedral. In addition to the show, there will be a private viewing on Saturday 11th combined with student presentations.
· Contemporary Decorative Crafts will be Unleashed at the Gatehouse Gallery, Museum of Lincolnshire Life from 14th – 30th May.
· Fashion enthusiasts can visit Thomas Parker House, Free School Lane from 16th – 23rd May and admirers of Fine Art are invited to attend the Greestone Gallery, Lindum Road between 29th May and 12th June.
· Also, at Thomas Parker House, between 20th – 31st May Graphic Design students will be Decode-ing whilst Illustration students will be Walking with Illustrators.
· Work by Foundation Studies and GNVQ Advanced Art and Design students will be on display weekdays from 27th May for three weeks at St Michael’s Church, Christ’s Hospital Terrace.
“The students have worked really hard to produce the end-of-year shows,” said a university spokesperson. “The exhibitions are for everyone to enjoy so please feel free to come along.”
For further information about the shows please contact the Lincoln School of Art and Design on 01522 895050.
For more information contact:
Gill Noakes, Press Assistant, University of Lincoln
Tel: 01522 886042
Search the university’s news archive at http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/news