Police Registration

The condition to register with the police is given to people of certain nationalities, who come to the UK for more than six months. You can check the list of countries whose nationals need to register in Appendix 2 of the Immigration Rules.

If you have the police registration condition but your nationality is not listed this might be an error by the Home Office staff who issued your visa. Contact the International Advice Team for advice (internationaladvice@lincoln.ac.uk).

If you are required to register with the police, you must do so within seven days of your arrival in the UK.

Find out how to register with the police and which documents you will need, visit the Gov.uk website.


You need to collect your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) first, then register with the police. The police cannot register you without your BRP card.

If you fail to register with the police, or to tell them about any changes, the Home Office can refuse future immigration applications, or remove you from the UK. You might be barred from returning to the UK for a certain period.

In September, the police may register students on campus. If the police are offering this service, further details will be provided to you when you enrol. If the police are not offering this service when you enrol, you will need to go to the police station yourself to register.

The address for the police station in Lincoln city centre is:

Lincoln Police Station
West Parade

How to get there

The Student Support Centre have provided walking directions and a video of the journey to the Lincoln police station on the 'Useful Information' page of the Student Services website.

Keep your information up-to-date

If any of the information you have provided to the police changes during your time in the UK you must tell the police within 7 days. You will need to take proof of the change. There should be no charge for these updates.

If you lose your police registration certificate you must report it as soon as possible and get a replacement which you will be charged for.

If you have any problems registering with the police, contact the International Advice Team for advice (internationaladvice@lincoln.ac.uk).