University of Lincoln Court Postgraduate Bursary
Who is it for?
Postgraduate students sustain the intellectual life of any university: they are our future research scientists, lecturers and leading thinkers in the humanities, arts and social sciences.
That is why at Lincoln we take steps to nurture our postgraduate student community, providing close academic support, and dedicated training and facilities through our Graduate School.
The University of Lincoln Court Postgraduate Bursary will be three one-off payments. One of £3,000, one of £2,000 and one of £1,000, to an exceptional student embarking on a postgraduate taught course within any discipline this academic year (2016/2017).
Students who have submitted an application for a taught postgraduate course, starting in September 2016 at the University of Lincoln, received an offer, and accepted their offer are invited to apply for this bursary. Applicants must clearly identify why they believe they are the most deserving of this award, specifically referring to their financial situation and academic ambitions or aims, and their career goals..
Introduction to the University Court
University courts are an ancient tradition and at Lincoln, influential persons representing all aspects of industry, commerce, the arts, science, the professions, education and the voluntary sector, locally, regionally and nationally will advise those responsible for setting the University’s strategic direction and development.
The University is grateful for the gifts received to date from University Court members for the Postgraduate Fund and is delighted to recognise excellence in postgraduate study by awarding the University of Lincoln Court Postgraduate Bursary.
When is it Available?
Applications open from 1st March 2016 and close 30th June 2016.
A single award of £3,000, a single award of £2,000 and a single award of £1,000.
How to Apply
Applications are now open, fill in our online form to submit an application. Further information, including guidance notes and terms and conditions can be found below.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org telephone +44 (0)1522 886644.
Terms and Conditions
Application Process and Eligibility
- The student shall successfully apply for admission onto any taught postgraduate programme at the University of Lincoln and shall firmly accept an academic offer of a place by 8th August 2016. If the offer is conditional, the student will need to fulfil the terms of his/her offer and have their place confirmed by 8th August in the year of entry.
- The student must complete and submit a University of Lincoln Court Postgraduate Bursary application by 30th June 2016.
- The University of Lincoln Court Postgraduate Bursary is open to applications from UK, EU, Channel Island, Isle of Man and International students.
Value of Award
The University of Lincoln Court Postgraduate Bursary will be three single awards. The first, a one-off payment of £3,000, the second will be a one-off payment of £2,000 and the third will be a one-off payment of £1,000. These will be awarded to an exceptional student embarking on a postgraduate taught course within any discipline this academic year (2016/2017).
The successful applicant will be announced by 1st August 2016. It is expected that the successful applicant attends an awards ceremony with the University of Lincoln Court, this is likely to be in the November of the awarding academic year.
The award will be paid at the awards ceremony in November, of the academic year in which the bursary is awarded. If the student withdraws from the programme before this time, they will forfeit their award.
Members of the Court who have made a donation to the Postgraduate Fund will be invited to sit on the selection panel with the Vice Chancellor.
Applicants will be considered on the basis of need, academic achievement and the bursary application. The University Court decision will be based on the stated criteria and will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
Condition of Award
The successful bursary applicant will be expected to:
- Be in good standing and enrolled on their programme of study as at January (the start of Term 2) in the relevant academic year.
- Engage in promotional activities for the University of Lincoln.
- Abide by the University regulations for academic and personal behaviour and act as an ambassador of the University.
- Students who are deferring entry for 2016 or beyond will not be eligible for the 2016 bursary.
- Your application and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you.
- Bursary winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and the University reserves the right to use the names of bursary award winners, their photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of them in publicity and marketing materials.
- The bursary is exclusively for the student selected to receive it and is neither transferable nor exchangeable. It must be collected within three months of notification or will be forfeit.
- By accepting the bursary, students agree to accept the full terms, conditions and rules of the bursary and agree to abide by the University rules and any requirements and/or proceedings issued by the University of Lincoln in regard to the bursary.
- The University cannot and does not accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in the admissions process resulting in applications lost, damaged or delayed outside of the University’s control.
- The successful applicant will be notified in writing or by telephone by 1st August 2016.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw this bursary at any point and without notice.
- The University reserves the right to withhold or withdraw payment subject to inappropriate behaviour in breach of the University’s regulations or these rules.