Care Leavers*

Financial Support for Care leavers

If you are leaving care, there are some aspects of student support offered by the University of Lincoln, which may be of specific interest to you.

Members of our Student Funding Team offer advice about maximising all income available to you, assistance with funding applications and help in liaising with your Local Authority if needed.

They will explain your eligibility to a Blackburn Bursary, which is for care leavers only. They will also be able to provide details of the University’s hardship fund if applicable.

If you would like to find out more about financial help available to you, please contact the Student Funding Team.

Telephone: +44 (0)1522 886739 / 886265


*As defined by the Children (Leaving Care) Act 2000.

Additional Support Available

The Student Support Centre at the University is on hand to provide help and advice on all elements of university life, from accommodation to counselling, employment, legal issues and more. 

To discuss your situation directly with an adviser you can visit the Student Support Centre, based on the ground floor of the Minerva Building. This is open Monday to Thursday 8.30 – 17.00 and Fridays 8.30 – 16.00.

If you would rather make an appointment to visit or to discuss your situation by telephone or email please contact the Student Support Centre.

Telephone: +44 (0)1522 837080


Buttle UK

Buttle UK supports a range of services for young people at risk. The University of Lincoln has been successful in achieving a Quality Mark from the Frank Buttle Trust as recognition of our commitment to improve opportunities for young people who have previously been in care.